Director, Licensing and Credentialing
Be part of a team enabling access to better healthcare at SteadyMD!
SteadyMD is a technology company and healthcare provider that powers high-quality telehealth experiences for its partners, including fast-growing digital healthcare companies, labs, pharmacies, large employers, and Fortune 100 companies like Amazon, AmerisourceBergen, and Abbott. SteadyMD initially launched in two states: California and Missouri. By 2018, the company was licensed, operating, and providing care in all 50 states. We’ve raised over $60 million in funding from top tier investors including Lux Capital, Pelion Ventures and AB Health Ventures.
We are currently seeking a Director, Licensing and Credentialing that is responsible for administering credentialing and nationwide provider licensing throughout our practice network. In this role, the Director provides leadership to a team of licensing and credentialing specialists, manages and monitors processes and procedure that support medical state board licensing, credentialing, re-credentialing, data management and delegated contracting to ensure compliance with all relevant standards, state and federal regulations, and health plan compliance. This is a hybrid role in which you will be located in the St. Louis, MO area.
At SteadyMD, we value what diverse teams can accomplish together, and we honor each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups, and we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment that is distinctly anti-discriminatory against any person. This is one of the reasons we are ranked #81 on Forbes’ America’s Best Startup Employers List. We know the value of building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
- Oversee the licensing and credentialing department to ensure onboarding and provider
enrollment/maintenance process is completed as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Monitor and notify providers of upcoming expirables, including privileges, licensure, board certifications and all other state and national required documents necessary for the practitioner to legally and ethically perform under their scope of practice.
- Coordinate the process of obtaining and/or renewing state license on behalf of the providers
- Verifying and maintaining licensure and other information for providers.
- Verify credentials, conducting background checks, contacting licensing boards, complete license applications, obtaining education information and interviewing references.
- Ensure all client’s expectations are met and manage/maintain excellent client
- Implement and review metrics and KPIs that will drive improvement, efficiency and hold
team members accountable for their productivity.
- Provide training, support and assistance to new and existing licensing and credentialing team members.
- Ensures compliance with and stays abreast of changes to legal and regulatory standards, including NCQA and National Practitioner Data Bank guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in a related area of study
- CPCS and/or CPMSM Certification
- 6+ years progressive experience in provider licensing and credentialing
- 5+ years leading and developing high performing teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of licensing and credentialing principles, industry regulations, state and deferral law, and accreditation standards
- Ability to multi-task and align priorities accordingly
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Clear and impactful written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with licensing and credentialing platforms and related software
- Competitive Compensation. The annual salary range for this role is $125,000 - $150,000 depending on experience, and participation in the company bonus program.
- Fast-paced Startup Environment. An environment that is focused on disrupting the status quo and challenging conventional professional norms. We are focused on the results you can achieve, not how many hours you spend at a desk.
- Complimentary Lemonaid Primary Care Membership. So that you can experience what we have to offer and be able to speak first-hand about what the future of medicine will look like.
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance. Also includes Basic Life and ADAD offerings.
- 401k with Match & Parental Leave Benefits offered to all full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO. We trust our employees to make the right decisions for the business, and we also recognize that means taking time to take care of yourself.