Certified Medical Assistant
SteadyMD is a technology company and healthcare provider that powers high-quality telehealth experiences for its partners, including fast-growing digital healthcare companies, labs, pharmacies, large employers, and other organizations. SteadyMD initially launched in two states: California and Missouri. By 2018, the company was licensed, operating, and providing care in all 50 states.
We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant, reporting to the Director of Program Operations. The CMA will serve as a liaison between providers, partner programs, pharmacies, insurance plans, support staff, patients, and others. This position responds to inbound requests and assists with virtual care activities such as preparing patients for telemedicine visits, medication refills, test result communication, patient education, etc. This is a hybrid role, with the opportunity to do some work from home, as well as on-site work at our St. Louis headquarters.
At SteadyMD, we value what diverse teams can accomplish together, and we honor each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups, and we are committed to ensuring a safe work environment that is distinctly anti-discriminatory against any person. This is one of the reasons we are ranked #81 on Forbes’ America’s Best Startup Employers List. We know the value of building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
We also want to hire the very best, and nontraditional candidates are oftentimes a perfect fit for our nontraditional approach to delivering care. Don’t meet all of the criteria listed below, but know you're a perfect fit for this role? Apply anyway!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, triages, and responds to inbound requests from providers, partner programs, pharmacies, insurance plans, support staff, patients, and others via multiple channels including, but not limited to, inbound calls and electronic messages regarding patient care.
- Under the direction of a provider, assists with virtual care activities such as gathering/documenting medical history, medication refills, test result communication, patient education, etc.
- Assists with provider schedule maintenance, preparing patients and charts for telehealth encounters, outpatient registration, appointment scheduling, referrals to a specialist, patient portal administration, and authorization of services, equipment, and medications.
- Answers calls and routes all incoming correspondence to appropriate staff.
- Supports patients and team members with use of video visit technology.
- Manages patient registration and scheduling.
- Some administrative and operations duties as assigned.
- Must be currently certified
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule based in St. Louis
- Demonstrates awareness of medical/legal issues, patient rights, and compliance with regulatory standards
- Ability to follow HIPAA guidelines
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and have the ability to assess data appropriate to the age-specific needs of patients
- Successful completion of Medical Assistant training from an approved technical school
- 2-4 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferably in primary care
- Prior hybrid or remote work experience providing virtual care (preferred)
- Effective Communicator
- Calm Under Pressure
- Well Organized
- Competitive Compensation. The annual salary range for this role is $40-$45K depending on experience
- Fast-paced Startup Environment. An environment that is focused on disrupting the status quo and challenging conventional professional norms. We are focused on the results you can achieve, not how many hours you spend at a desk
- Complimentary Lemonaid Primary Care Membership. So that you can experience what we have to offer, and be able to speak first hand about what the future of medicine will look like
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance. Also includes Basic Life and ADAD offerings
- 401k with Match & Parental Leave Benefits offered to all full-time employees
- Unlimited PTO. Yes, you read that correctly. We trust our employees to make the right decisions for the business, and we also recognize that means taking time to take care of yourself
Something looks off?