About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for an Engineering Manager in our Marketplace Team. At G2 we make solutions with Ruby on Rails with an emphasis on good code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers get the opportunity to work on real issues that they see our customers encounter. Apply and start a conversation today if you wish to join an experienced and passionate team whose authenticity and kindness will help you grow. If you wish to join an experienced passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply and start a conversation with us today!
In This Role, You Will:
- Hire new engineers and support an inclusive process, lean in as coach and mentor
- Empower engineers through weekly one on one feedback conversations that help with continuous learning and level setting
- Create an efficient and effective team focused on delivering consistent value while ensuring the story throughput is in line with expected goals
- Help features move along while keeping a pulse on the quality of our code design through pull request reviews and code quality metrics
- Manage dependencies between teams with creativity and transparency that need to be met in order to achieve a business goal of stories
- Celebrate the success of the team and connect each engineer to the value they are providing to the company and those around them
- Coordinate training opportunities with budget in mind that will further accelerate the growth of the team in areas of need
- Attend and facilitate agile events such as scrum, retrospective, grooming and planning to promote good process and help the team focus on outcomes
- Partner with Product, Design and Data so that a diverse set of ideas can be employed to solve challenging problems.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 8+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment
- Demonstrated learning in web software development skills
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team
- 1+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2.
- Strong time management skills.
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Setup career growth and development leveling and competencies
- Experience leading self organized teams
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.