SMB - Account Executive
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
An Account Executive will own a new business quota for G2 Marketing Solutions for one of our fastest growing segments in India. This person is expected to collaborate with internal resources to tell data-driven stories. They wil own the entire sales cycle - from prospecting to closure - for their assigned segment and region. They will drive urgency with prospects and help them see value in G2’s solutions and in turn advocate our customers’ needs with internal stakeholders. They will manage customer expectations and escalations while driving executive engagement and sponsorship on high growth accounts.
In This Role, You Will:
- Sales: Own new business quota for G2 Marketing Solutions for one of our fastest growing segments in India
- Collaborate with internal resources to tell data-driven stories
- Own the entire sales cycle - from prospecting to closure - for your assigned segment and region
- Drive urgency with prospects and help them see value in G2’s solutions.
- Drive executive engagement and sponsorship on high growth accounts
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 2+ yrs related experience in a full-time quota-carrying or sales related role.
- Experience selling SaaS or any type of subscription service.
What Can Help Your Application Stand Out:
- An understanding of marketing and how marketers work.
- Excellent Story-Telling & Communication skills.
- Strategic internal collaboration.
- Experience with SFDC.
- Fast learner and ready to take on data challenges.
- Highly-organized individual with great attention to detail.
- Consultative approach to selling.
- Knowledge of how G2 fits into the key roles we sell to and support - Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success.
- In-depth knowledge of reviews, the review process, and how reviews convey legitimacy, social proof, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of our 8 playbooks and how customers can get value from G2.
- Understand how buyer intent works and how sellers can best operationalize this to see results.
- Understand how G2 content works and how prospects can use it for branding and lead generation.
- Learn customer stories that can be used to illustrate how G2 customers have seen value and ROI from G2 or some specific aspect of what we do.
- Connect the dots between prospect initiatives or needs and how G2’s solutions/features/product can help.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.