Data Scientist II
About G2 - The Company
G2 is where you go for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK values—high performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate each other's successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top, while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.
As we foster our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
This is a hybrid position, with the team meeting in person two days a week at our Bengaluru office.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Data Scientist II, this role encompasses leading model development and contributing to machine learning product development. You'll own end-to-end data science workflows, experiment with advanced algorithms, mentor junior team members, and drive innovation within the data science domain. You will work on Improving G2’s intent scoring, content moderation, and other AI-driven features through the use of machine learning.
In this role, you will:-
Modeling and Statistical Analysis (50%):
- Independently lead the development of machine learning models, owning feature engineering, extraction, model selection, and optimization Design experiments by formulating statistical hypotheses, defining data requirements, pre-processing and cleaning the data, and performing the hypothesis testing.Operationalise models at scale applying AI and engineering best practices by working with the ML engineers.
- Experiment with various algorithms and techniques to advance model performance.
- Define feedback and evaluation methods for the business problems.
- Demonstrate excellent coding and debugging skills.
Business, Data Understanding, and Impact (30%):
- Make impactful contributions by leveraging AI and Machine Learning expertise to address pressing business challenges.Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand the business requirements and data architecture.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions by working with the business and senior data scientists.
- Identify and document the data requirements and manage data collection and preparation for projects.
- Design and document training and testing strategy.
- Document methodologies, findings, and outcomes of model experiments and present it to the team and key stakeholders.
Mentorship and Guidance (20%):
- Mentor junior team members, providing technical support, guidance on model development, and best practices implementation.
- Coach junior team members, helping them understand complex datasets, models, and business requirements by giving clear and actionable feedback.
- Encourage the development of best practices and innovative approaches in data analysis and modeling.
- 4+ years experience as a data scientist involved in data extraction, analysis and modeling.
- 4+ years of experience in Python and SQL or related tools for machine learning.
- Strong understanding of statistics and linear algebra.
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms and all stages of machine learning.
- Familiarity with neural networks and deep learning.
- Familiarity with AWS services and Snowflake.
- Proficiency in handling structured and unstructured data.
- Successful end-to-end delivery of data science products.
- Exposure to MLOps tools like MLFlow, KubeFlow, DVC,AWS Sagemaker, Seldon etc
- Experience deploying models in a AWS cloud environment - with specific experience with AWS tools such as Sagemaker and Step Functions.
- Expertise with Natural Language Processing and Understanding.
- Experience with libraries and frameworks for training ML and DL models (PySpark, Tensorflow).
- Experience and expertise in ML Operations best practices.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here Commitments