Sr. Editorial Content Specialist
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, insurance and etc . Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is looking for a Sr. Editorial Content Specialist who would be responsible for growing G2’s readership through high-quality thought leadership content on SaaS news and trends and curating our monthly newsletter. The Sr. Editorial Content Specialist is a self-directed problem solver who has a proven track record of building a loyal, engaged readership through compelling storytelling. This individual keeps a pulse on tech news, can deftly juggle multiple deadlines, confidently navigate interviewing external and internal thought leaders, and isn’t afraid of deep research on technical topics. The Sr. Editorial Content Specialist will be responsible for newsgathering, creating a content calendar, coordinating with multiple stakeholders, and writing 7-10 content pieces a month. This individual should be dynamic and engaging, proficient in conducting interviews, asking probing questions, and eliciting information. Time management, professionalism, clear communication, and strong writing skills are a must for this position. This individual must be able to relate disparate news topics to a specific audience and contextualize events for that audience.
In This Role, You Will:
Content Calendar Planning:
- Build out a content calendar several months in advance and pitch story ideas based on news events, unique G2 data, and/or company strategy
- Help curate the monthly G2 Tea newsletter and align closely with other G2 teams
- Send outreach emails, attend events to pitch potential contributors, and set up interviews with external leaders and internal G2 sources
- Strategize which content pieces will be featured in the G2 Tea newsletter and support newsletter copywriting when applicable
- Coordinate directly with external contributors on choosing a topic, the writing and editing process, and any questions that come up during the collaboration
- Conduct video interviews with high-profile leaders across a variety of industries
- Write 3-5 compelling thought leadership articles a month, following CSO editorial guidelines and AP style
- Write 4-6 news-oriented articles a month, following CSO editorial guidelines and AP style
Innovate & grow:
- Engage in competitive analysis of similar publications, and communicate strategic opportunities to your manager that can be explored
- Analyze and report on KPIs of your content, such as time on site, pages/session, return visitors, and the open rate of the monthly newsletter
- Strategize new ways to grow and engage our audience, included but not limited to targeted weekly newsletters, new content types, new content platforms, and more
- Take ownership of your work and exercise agility when roadblocks come up; communicate regularly to your manager on progress and challenges
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 4+ years experience at a news publication pitching story ideas, setting up interviews, conducting interviews, and creating journalistic content. At least 2+ years spent writing SaaS-related content.
- Advanced knowledge of AP style, grammar, spelling, and syntax
- Connections to notable thought leaders in the B2B SaaS space
- 5+ writing samples that demonstrate experience in the above. At least 2 samples on technical topics.
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines from multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional upward and peer communication skills, and the ability to communicate with important stakeholders about content strategy
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the Learn Hub
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Experience using email marketing systems, Iterable preferred
- Experience using content management systems, HubSpot preferred, to publish content
- Experience using content performance software, such as Semrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, etc. a plus
- Experience with PPC advertising a plus
- Graphic design knowledge or video editing experience a plus
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.