Market Research Analyst (Cyber Security)
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
G2 is seeking a Market Research Analyst focused on security software and technology markets to share in maintaining and curating our taxonomy and the related research that powers our G2 marketplace. Our analysts put buyers first through our work in developing independent and unbiased categorization of B2B software and data-driven thought leadership.
At a fast paced, hyper growth company like G2, responsibilities, tasks, and projects can evolve rapidly and the ability to adapt is critical.
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of data and has the ability to convert that data into compelling narratives, and reports using their oral and written presentation skills. We remain 100% unbiased in our analyses, combining our technology and industry knowledge with the data/experiences of real software users.
Analysts support their fellow team members in the growth and maintenance of G2’s priority categories. Analysts can expect to learn and contribute across all software markets.
In This Role, You Will:
- Category Maintenance and Development: Achieve and maintain category integrity in G2’s security market. This includes conducting research to ensure software products and associated services are properly categorized, as well as staying on top of trends to proactively evolve categories within our taxonomy.
- Advisory Influence: G2’s Market Research Analysts are authorities in their given markets. They are the primary internal resource for their categories and work directly with software buyers and vendors in their field. In this role, individuals are responsible for educating buyers about how to best select, implement, utilize, and benefit from business solutions via the categories and content they manage. Supports sales efforts by advising vendors on categorization and overall representation in the marketplace, as well as educating on G2 market trends.
- Thought Leadership, Writing & Analysis: Produce timely, actionable and original insights for enterprise buyers of technology that help educate and inform them about B2B security technology and market trends to improve buying and use decisions. Market Research Analysts are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the rest of the G2 team to develop and deliver new reports, insights and offerings. When relevant, identify themes and trends that expand across multiple markets or industries, engage with fellow analysts around those themes.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Experience in security software markets as a practitioner, researcher or analyst
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to produce data-driven stories
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline - or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Fast, continuous learner who can work independently
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong and open communicator
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- 2-4 years of professional experience
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
For job applicants in California, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, please review this applicant privacy notice before applying to this job.