Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
At G2 we make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with an emphasis on good code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers get the opportunity to work on real issues that they see our customers encounter. If you wish to join an experienced passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply and start a conversation with us today!
In This Role, You Will:
- Report to Engineering Manager dedicated to the delivery team
- Build a high-quality, stable, secure, and well tested web application
- Apply database skills against a large and expanding dataset
- Use patterns of code decomposition to break down tasks into deliverable solutions
- Work in close coordination with designers, product managers, developers, and partners
- Track metrics alongside core features to help make informed decisions
- Work with developers to help understand complex topics and architecture, and provide strategies and learning opportunities
- Ensure quality releases by writing tests covering unit, integration and functional requirements
- Follow agile best practices to develop and test features
- Mentor other engineers building a culture of learning
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years of programming experience, in a web environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Understand software architecture and how it is applied in context, best practices in more than one language
- Opinionated about how applications should be built, based on your experience delivering software
- Balance development with collaborative meetings
- Prior pairing or mentoring experience
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
For job applicants in California, the United Kingdom, and the European Union, please review this applicant privacy notice before applying to this job.