Senior Staff Engineer
At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
As a Senior Staff Software Development Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work on features end to end (backend & frontend) using the latest technologies such as RoR, Java, GoLang, Angular, React, Redis, PostgreSQL. You will develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Software Engineering and Web application development.
- Good understanding of software design, Microservices architecture, object-oriented principles, and design patterns.
- Experience with Design and development of highest quality software/services using RoR/Golang/Java.
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs and microservices architecture
- Strong understanding of Java, Spring Framework, and object-oriented programming principles
- Experience in one of Azure, Amazon Web Services or other cloud services.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Strong knowledge of Git (branches, submodules, rebasing) and other Agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, architect, implement, test, profile, release, and optimize highest quality software/services using RoR/Golang/Java.
- Partner with product manages to analyse product requirements and plan engineering execution
- Document HLD/LLD for easy knowledge sharing and future scaling
- Perform design and code reviews
- Implement code with very high coverage of unit tests and component tests
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Collaborate with UX designers to develop responsive user interface components
- Working knowledge of SQL based (any RDBMS) and NOSQL data stores (any one) with the ability to write intermediate level SQL
- Experience in building Web application backends using Java Spring Boot or similar
- Experience with frontend libraries/frameworks such as React/Angular is a plus.
Education Qualification: Graduate from B.E/ B.Tech / MCA / M.Tech Background.
Who we are:
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a collaborative culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we're always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
- Medical benefits start on first day of employment
- 36 PTO days( Sick, Casual and Earned) , 5 recharge days, 2 volunteer days
- Home Office setups and Technology reimbursement
- Lifestyle & Family benefits
- Annual Swags/ Festive Swags
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities ( Professional development program, Toast Master club etc.)