Senior Frontend Engineer - I
At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will be at the forefront of our web development efforts, crafting engaging and interactive user interfaces. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build exceptional web applications. If you are passionate about creating cutting-edge, user-friendly interfaces and want to contribute to the success of our projects, we encourage you to apply
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and back-end developers to translate design concepts into functional web applications.
- Lead the development of dynamic, responsive, and visually appealing web interfaces using modern front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Optimize application performance and ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Conduct code reviews, maintain high-quality code standards, and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Mentor and assist junior front-end engineers in their growth and skill development.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continuously improve front-end development processes.
- Contribute to the architectural decisions and design considerations for front-end systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve front-end issues to ensure a seamless user experience.
About the team:
Our front-end engineering team is a highly collaborative and ambitious group that's driven by a shared vision to deliver world-class web experiences. We're a diverse mix of talents, from seasoned experts to rising stars, and we believe in the power of diversity in driving innovation. With a culture that emphasizes creativity and problem-solving, we tackle exciting challenges daily and work together to turn design dreams into digital realities
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience with a minimum of 4 years as a Front-End Developer or similar role.
- Deep understanding of responsive web design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and build tools (e.g., Webpack).
- Knowledge of web performance optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and integration with back-end services.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong debugging capabilities.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- A portfolio showcasing previous front-end projects and code samples.
- Experience with server-side rendering (e.g., Next.js).
- Proficiency in TypeScript or other static typing systems.
- Familiarity with modern front-end testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Cypress).
- Understanding of web accessibility standards (e.g., WCAG).
- Previous experience working in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
Who we are:
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a collaborative culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we're always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
- Medical benefits start on first day of employment
- 36 PTO days( Sick, Casual and Earned) , 5 recharge days, 2 volunteer days
- Home Office setups and Technology reimbursement
- Lifestyle & Family benefits
- Mental Wellness support and guidance
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities ( Professional development program, Toast Master club etc.)