Staff Backend Engineer
At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
As a Staff Backend Engineer Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work on features end to end (backend & frontend) using the latest technologies such as Java, GoLang, React, Redis, PostgreSQL,etc. You will develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, test and maintain Java backend applications
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code
- Design and implement data models and database schemas
- Collaborate with the frontend team to integrate the backend with the user interface
- Perform code reviews and ensure code quality standards are met
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Work with the DevOps team to deploy and manage applications in production
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with new technologies and industry trends
About the team:
Our product and engineering teams are dedicated to providing the industry’s best-in-class end to end supply chain visibility platform. We are committed to building a high-performing team with software craftsman-thinking who are dedicated to developing and enhancing our core platform, and we want you to be a central part of it!
Who you are:
- Proven experience as a Java Backend Developer or similar role
- Strong understanding of Java, Spring Framework, and object-oriented programming principles
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs and microservices architecture
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Git (branches, submodules, rebasing) and other Agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who we are:
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a collaborative culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we're always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
- Medical benefits start on first day of employment
- 36 PTO days( Sick, Casual and Earned) , 5 recharge days, 2 volunteer days
- Home Office setups and Technology reimbursement
- Lifestyle & Family benefits
- Annual Swags/ Festive Swags
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities ( Professional development program, Toast Master club etc.)
Something looks off?