Senior Frontend Engineer
Zengines is building a new way to automate end-to-end data conversion. We are proving that machine learning can reduce the repetitive and painstaking process of moving data from one or more systems to another.
We seek an experienced and self-motivated Senior Frontend Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience building data-focused applications, following distributed systems practices, and collaborating in product and architecture discussions, interactive design sessions, and code reviews. You will lead frontend technology choices and code reviews.
We are an early-stage startup where you can significantly influence the direction of the company and the technical choices we make. If this is exciting to you, we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead frontend development and implementation design.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Backend Developers to transform requirements and mockups into exceptional user web experiences.
- Develop capabilities in a pragmatic, well-tested, and performant way.
- Craft code that maintains the standards for style, maintainability, and software engineering best practices.
- Pair program with team members to improve collaboration, distribute knowledge, and support their growth. We are a fully remote team, so effective, friendly teamwork and communication with others are critical to the role.
- Actively participate in product, architecture, and design discussions to improve the outcome of our technical choices.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years building and maintaining scalable, well-crafted software applications in a start-up.
- Expertise in frontend libraries and frameworks such as Vue.js or React.
- Proficiency with RESTful APIs and asynchronous data handling.
- Experience with Git and trunk-based development.
- Enjoy solving complex problems, working with a broad scope of ownership, and building solutions through collaborative methods.
- Supported team members in growing their craft and careers.
- You must communicate and work well with others as a team.
The following are some of the technologies we use today:
Vue.js 3.3, Tailwind CSS, Typescript, Python 3.8, MySQL, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, AWS.
How we support you:
Zengines is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Salary Range between $150,000 - $180,000.
- Unlimited time off with flexible schedules. We encourage you to take time off.
- Remote-first company.
- 401k with matching contributions that vest immediately.
- Employee stock options.
- Excellent healthcare with 80% employer contribution.
- While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we cannot sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas.
- No third-party agencies or recruiters will be considered. Only direct applicants will be reviewed.