Engineering Team Manager, Internationalization
Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Team Manager to lead our Internationalization (i18n) Product engineering team. The mission of the i18n Product team is to build features within our core product offerings that delight our growing base of non-US, non-English speaking users. Product domains of this team include language expansion, feature enhancements, and filling region-specific product gaps consistent with our largely International expansion strategies. This team pairs closely with the i18n Platform team to compose the larger i18n Engineering effort, which pursues the business-critical goal of making Squarespace accessible for people all over the world in their native language.
This is a full-time position based in our Dublin office, reporting to the NYC-based Engineering Manager.
You'll Get To…
- Manage and mentor a diverse team of experienced ICs across a spectrum of seniority and multiple time zones.
- Assume an active role in the career development of direct reports via regular 1:1s, direct feedback, coaching, etc.
- Work within a Product / Engineering / Design cross-functional triad to plan, champion, and execute an impactful product roadmap.
- Define and advocate for internationalization best practices across the company, and keep our products up-to-date with the latest i18n technologies and localization changes.
- Collaborate across a strong cross-functional International team, encompassing teams in Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Operations.
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of industry experience shipping web applications across large codebases with many contributors.
- 2+ years of experience managing a Product engineering team of four or more engineers.
- Ability to break down technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders through documents and presentations.
- Strong technical foundations to navigate the inherent tradeoffs in product engineering decisions.
- A manager who prioritizes an inclusive culture of psychological safety and technical rigor.
- Internationalization/localization experience is not required, but a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% covered premiums for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.