Senior Motion Designer
Squarespace is powered by design. We offer a supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. Our team is seeking a Senior Motion Designer to bring our products and brand to life through animations, prototypes, and videos.
You demonstrate respect for the details, a passion for the power of design, and a thorough understanding of how one affects the other. You're constantly learning and mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
This is an onsite role that reports into our Senior Design Manager in our New York headquarters.
You'll Get To...
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences and help tell stories.
- Create animations and videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal initiatives and brand campaign work, including campaign microsites and social.
- Collaborate with designers and writers to craft stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to incorporate animations and prototypes into production.
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of relevant design experience.
- You will have a portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI and UX experience.
- You are an expert in Adobe Creative Suite as well as Cinema 4D and Redshift.
- Expansive knowledge of workflow with an ability to assess projects and provide accurate work timeline and expectations
- Have a passion for telling stories including storyboarding, editing footage, and motion graphics/animation.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics and styles.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $126,500 - $203,550 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.