Software Engineer, Java
At Squarespace, we firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." With this in mind, our backend engineers work on Product Engineering teams, which are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated products possible. You will report to the Engineering Manager working hybrid-onsite through our Dublin office.
We are hiring for the following product team(s):
- i18n Product Team: This team builds features within our core product offerings that delight our growing base of non-US, non-English speaking users. Product domains for this team include language expansion, feature enhancements, and filling region-specific product gaps consistent with our International expansion strategies. This team pairs with the i18n Platform team to compose the larger i18n Engineering effort, which pursues the business-critical goal of making Squarespace accessible for people all over the world in their native language.
You'll Get To...
- Write server-side code, create high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop new features and build backend services with Java.
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide intuitive customer-focused experiences.
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Squarespace users and businesses powered by Squarespace.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code).
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years of development experience in Java, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Experience developing large-scale software.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- A sincere commitment to creating readable code and an understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability.
- A degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% covered premiums for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.