Indirect Tax Analyst
The Squarespace Finance Department's Tax Team is seeking a Tax Analyst to assist with US indirect tax compliance and related projects through established subject matter expertise. Your role will involve tax compliance and tax research analysis, and documentation. You will utilize a variety of skills related to indirect tax planning, compliance, and accounting.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Tax and will be a hybrid employee based in our New York City office.
You'll Get To...
- Assist with the preparation & coordination of several monthly/quarterly US indirect tax returns filed internally & by outside firms
- Help prepare information needed for indirect tax audits
- Collaborate with different teams on the indirect tax implications of new product offerings and provide guidance to customer support team regarding sales tax
- Assist in the ongoing analysis of US indirect tax compliance, including research and documentation of indirect tax law developments, ongoing use tax analysis, and maintenance of indirect tax nexus matrix
- Help validate sales tax exemption certificates and coordinate responses to tax authorities
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of US indirect tax ledger accounts
- Document and help implement indirect tax reporting procedures
- Other indirect tax related ad-hoc projects
Who We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business is required
- 3+ years in-house experience with US indirect tax compliance
- Thoroughly research and interpret multiple US tax laws and regulations
- Experience with multiple indirect tax engines and compliance software (preferably Vertex & Avalara)
- Easily interact and collaborate across the organization
- Proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions) and tax research software
- Netsuite ERP experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $85,500 - $138,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.