Group Product Manager, Social & Creator Products
We are looking to add a Group Product Manager to shape the vision of our two startup businesses in the social media space: Unfold and Bio Sites. You will lead teams that build mobile-first tools for creators, allowing them to publish, edit, and monetize content. You'll improve the existing product experience, work on new features that redefine the future of our social products, and reinforce Squarespace's mission of being an all-in-one platform.
As a manager, you will lead a team of two PMs and promote a unified vision across these two product spaces, ensuring that the teams deliver value for our users. While most of your time will be spent as a 'coach', there may also be times when the team could benefit from having you fly at a lower altitude.
You will report to the General Manager of Social & Creator Products and work from our New York City office (hybrid).
You'll Get To...
- Directly manage product managers and provide coaching and support to grow their careers and deliver value for our customers
- Establish a clear vision for these two groups that roll up to the broader Squarespace vision
- Guide product development—from conception to launch—of the products and product solutions in your scope
- Build relationships with engineering and design leader counterparts, team members, UX researchers, and product analysts to create extraordinary products
- Partner with marketing to launch new products, with customer operations to develop excellent support for merchants, and with analytics to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- Build internal frameworks for defining team strategy and lead opportunity sizing projects
- Independently assess product tradeoffs, develop a comprehensive roadmap, explain a clear viewpoint on a product direction, and gain stakeholder support
- Develop high-level insights about your product area by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Set OKRs for your teams with your engineering and design counterparts
- Seek out opportunities to promote your team's work
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of product management experience, managing software products from creation through launch and iteration
- Direct experience managing product managers
- Direct experience building mobile (or hybrid mobile) products, or in the consumer app space
- Deep experience with user research best practices
- A nuanced understanding of the methods of modern product discovery, product delivery, and user segmentation
- Experience communicating product updates, milestones, and progress to internal and external partners with the ability to align different teams around achieving business goals and outstanding user experiences
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $185,500 - $299,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.