We are looking for an accomplished media leader to grow and guide our in-house media team, to accelerate global expansion, and establish a shared services practice across Squarespace's suite of products.
As the Director of Media, you will lead a team of strategic media experts to develop and execute both Brand and Direct Response campaigns across markets, translating strategic priorities into media strategy recommendations, then optimizing while in flight to drive impact. You'll work with key media partners to maximize the value of our investment and relationships, while ensuring that Squarespace continues to be on the cutting edge of media innovation and consumer usage trends.
You will have a deep understanding of the advertising ecosystem, are a passionate and experienced developer of high-performing talent, and are laser-focused on business outcomes, both long and short-term. You are curious and can define "what's next" using data, consumer insights, and company priorities.
You will work hybrid in our NYC headquarters office and will report to our NYC-based VP of Media.
You'll Get To...
- Lead media plan development and execution across all digital efforts, including Instream (video and audio), Outstream (display and video), Paid Social, Search and Affiliate
- Ensure media plans are customized to Business Units' differing needs as the Media organization evolves into a shared services function
- Partner with Brand Investment and Direct Response center-of-excellence teams to translate goals and priorities into mix and channel strategies; and to ensure
- Continually optimize within and across channels and markets to maximize media impact on near-term subscription and revenue return (Direct Response) and market-level brand goals (Brand); work with internal analytics teams to test and analyze key elements
- Strengthen relationships with key and emerging advertising partners and platforms to ensure Squarespace has access to best-in-class media capabilities; stay informed of industry trends, technological advancements and evolving consumer behaviors and proactively integrate these in a test-and-learn fashion
- Support Squarespace's international expansion goals by aligning media initiatives with market priorities, informing localized creative briefings, and establishing an effective flow of information between Digital Media and Go-to-Market teams
- Partner with our Marketing Analytics and Marketing Technology teams to define requirements, assess opportunities and prioritize initiatives
- Oversee and improve processes across a high-performing in-house team, including developing and refining a point of view on in-house vs. agency use cases as we expand our efforts into more global markets and provide support for additional Squarespace products
- Define and socialize our team's offering internally to improve cross-functional alignment and support a shared services approach
Who We're Looking For
- 12+ years of experience developing and leading media strategies with proven impact on Brand and business outcomes; experience with SaaS or subscription brands; experience with global programs
- Experience using data to plan and optimize media channel investment and strategy; fluency with both brand and DR measurement metrics and analytical approaches; familiarity with key marketing technology offerings and requirements
- Collaborative approach, with experience influencing cross-functional teams in a complex organization and a track record of building productive relationships with a broad range of internal partners
- Skilled presenter and communicator, ready to deliver insights and recommendations to a wide variety of audiences, including executive leadership
- Proven success leading and developing a high performing team; ideally, experience across both in-house and agency (or in-house agency) support models
- Listening, empathy and mentorship skills are a must; a considerate and thoughtful partner who prioritizes team success and creates a culture of creativity, collaboration and innovation
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $203,500 - $327,750 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.