Senior Software Engineer, Traffic
The Squarespace Traffic team is looking for an Senior Software Engineer to join us to improve our traffic ingestion capabilities and to provide a reliable, fast and secure experience for users around the world. Squarespace services a significant percentage of all internet websites and domains, and we are the "Plumbers" that ensure the pipeline is running smoothly and traffic flows as intended.
You will report to the Engineering Team Manager and will be a full-time engineer based in our Dublin office.
You'll Get To:
- Be part of a small and distributed team that serves millions of domains and websites.
- Work in an asynchronous, autonomous and flexible environment.
- Build out Squarespace next-generation routing, caching and defense platforms.
- Expand edge functionalities and scale Squarespace Points of Presence.
Who We're Looking For:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or 6+ years experience working on highly available distributed systems and mission-critical public facing internet infrastructure.
- Proficiency in at least one systems programming language such as Go, Java or C++.
- Familiar with networking protocols, internet standards and technologies such as Varnish, Envoy, BPF, perf, IPVS, HTTP/QUIC, TCP, UDP, DNS(SEC), ACME and SSL/TLS.
- Experience with profiling, performance tuning, capacity analysis and resource planning.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting ambiguous problems and decisively making trade offs while maintaining attention to detail and operational discipline.
- Oversee the software development lifecycle from begin to end with an unyielding focus on iteration throughout design, development and deployment process.
- Regular on-call rotation expectations.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% covered premiums for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.