Engineering Team Manager, Payments Risk and Fraud
The Commerce Transaction Platform team is looking for an experienced and passionate engineer manager to expand and operate risk and fraud features for hundreds of thousands of businesses that rely on Squarespace to build their online presence and transact with their customers.
Our team is a cross functional group of accomplished people who build the experiences and services necessary to guarantee a reliable and delightful experience from the moment a shopper starts to buy a product from a merchant to the moment they receive their purchase. Our platform powers a wide array of products like scheduling, e-commerce, member area, subscriptions, point of sale etc. We believe that a great product doesn't stop at a great user experience; it needs to have a great scalability, reliability and developer experience too.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for the Commerce Transactions Platform team and will be based in our Dublin office.
You'll Get To…
- Grow a team that will protect the finances of hundreds of thousands of businesses and their customers.
- Work with world class engineers and risk specialists to shape the architecture and guiding principles of our commerce platform.
- Mentor engineers to develop their skill and expertise in the world of software development and payments products.
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry
- 2+ years of experience in a people manager role.
- 3+ years of experience in the risk and fraud for a financial product
- Experience coaching engineers with diverse specialties.
- Ability to break down technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in a matrixed and cross functional environment
- Experience working with risk vendors is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% covered premiums for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.