Data Governance Lead
Squarespace is searching for a Data Governance Lead to join the Data Platform team This position will partner with stakeholders throughout the organization to standardize the management of data assets around best practices and a cohesive strategy. The successful candidate will have experience leading cultural change through active listening and fostering collaboration and buy-in. They will demonstrate a passion for data, data-related processes and systems.
This is a hybrid position reporting to the head of Data Platform in our New York office.
YOU'LL GET TO..
- Specifically, you will help to continue our journey to influence our data culture and establish best practices in our data evolution
- You will lead the successful implementation of our data governance and operations vision alongside our platform strategy
- Champion the adoption and implementation of the Data Strategy to continue our data journey
- Drive cultural change to ensure data is viewed as a critical asset within the organization
- Provide thought leadership for data governance and data health with our business domains
- Identify and shape continuous improvement opportunities and recommendations that drives data to better serve the rapidly growing business
- Establish cross functional partnerships to find opportunities to leverage data to enrich our customer's experience in using our products
- Build and maintain partnerships with all relevant functional areas across the organization
- Work with product and engineering leadership, key stakeholders, data owners and data stewards, to build consensus through effective communications of well-analyzed business cases and supporting materials
- Provide data governance leadership to strategic projects, business initiatives and operational changes
- Set the standard for data governance and data quality and formalize best data operating practices for adoption by the organization
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in the area of data governance and operations
- Experience in data governance and establishing data strategies within a fast-paced, dynamically growing organization
- Strong knowledge of data-driven processes, products, technology, and controls in an enterprise setting
- Track record of leading data governance and data transformation initiatives across business and IT functions
- Experience establishing and managing a new data governance function and data capabilities
- Expert problem solver with the ability to identify and triage data issues and drive tactical and strategic solutions
BENEFITS & PERKS
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Health Savings Account with Squarespace funding
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Supplemental Insurance plans
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- $100 per month remote Stipend
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.