Senior Software Engineer, Async Platforms
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Async Platform team within the Foundations Platform Engineering group. The Async Platforms team provides Squarespace Engineers with scalable, reliable, secure and flexible platform solutions for event streaming, job orchestration and offline batch processing.
You will report to the Team Manager of the Async Platforms team in our NYC office. This is a hybrid opportunity.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for for end-to-end ownership of projects focused on building frameworks and tools for service to service asynchronous communication and job orchestration at Squarespace
- Work on projects using technologies like Java, Spring, Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP
- Participate in design discussions and work with engineering teams across the company to enhance platform solutions
- Be a technical leader and encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- Work with engineering teams across the company to enhance our platform solutions and to ensure the successful adoption of best practices.
This role is a good fit for you if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience developing backend systems with Java and Spring
- Have 2+ years of experience developing large scale asynchronous eventing systems with platforms such as Kafka
- Have experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Postgres
- Like working collaboratively with team members and engineers to come up with the best solutions for the problems in hand
What you can expect from us
Your team and manager will:
- Provide opportunities that align with your interests, career growth and our growth
- Create an inclusive environment that's psychologically safe and encourages learning
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations and milestones
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $128,500 – $231,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.