Senior Software Engineer, API & Developer Platform (Java)
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the API & Developer Platform team within the Content Platform Engineering group. The team allows partners and external developers to resell Squarespace's products and builds tools and extensions on our platform. These platforms are used by most product teams at Squarespace, making this a high-impact and high-visibility role.
In this role, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the API & Dev Platform team. This role will be based in our Dublin office (hybrid).
As a Senior Engineer in the API & Dev Platform team, you will:
- Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of projects focused on building Services, tools and processes.
- Work on projects using technologies like Java, Spring, Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP
- Write well structured and maintainable backend and front-end code.
- Participate in design discussions and work with engineering teams across the company to enhance platform solutions and to ensure the successful adoption of best practices.
- Be a technical leader and encourage the technical growth of your teammates.
- Participate in code reviews, team processes and provide feedback about best practices.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
This role is a good fit for you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience developing production systems using Java and Spring.
- 3+ years of experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Postgres.
- 3+ years of experience with asynchronous eventing systems and platforms such as Kafka.
- 1+ years experience in Front-end development is a huge plus.
- Experience taking ownership of features and projects and leading projects from concept to delivery in an ambiguous environment.
- Like working collaboratively with stakeholders and engineers to come up with the best solutions for the problems in hand.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, databases and software design practices.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
What you can expect from us:
Your team and manager will:
- Provide opportunities that align with your interests, career growth and the growth of the company
- Create an inclusive environment that’s psychologically safe and encourages learning
- Work with you to build a personalized career growth plan with clear expectations and milestones
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% covered premiums for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Free lunch and snacks
- Close proximity to cultural landmarks such as Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.