Senior Product Manager, Tock
Tock's vision 9 years ago argued that Tuesdays are not Saturdays—that all hospitality businesses need a flexible availability and payment tool to optimize demand and maximize availability. Nine years later our tool has revolutionized the industry and set new standards, most notably for thousands of the world's best restaurants and wineries. We want to take the same vision and reimagine these tools so all businesses—from the high-end to neighborhood spots—can take advantage of our powerful benefits to run more successful businesses.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be an important piece of this mission as you contribute to your product team with a knowledge of business constraints, an understanding of our customers and users, and awareness of product trends.
You will report to the Head of Product & Design and have the option of working remote (U.S. only) at our Chicago headquarters.
You'll Get To...
- Create and prioritize a roadmap rooted in data, informed by multiple sources and justified by return on investment
- Guide product development—from conception to launch—of the products and product solutions in your scope
- Build relationships with engineering and design leader counterparts, team members, UX researchers, and product analysts to create extraordinary products
- Balance partner, build, buy or deprecate levers as tactics to accelerate revenue and customer impact
- Partner with marketing to launch new products, with customer operations to develop excellent support for merchants, and with analytics to monitor engagement and evaluate product success
- Independently assess product tradeoffs, explain a clear viewpoint on a product direction and gain stakeholder support
- Develop high-level insights about your product area by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- Own the key metrics for your team and business area, explain trends and build a shared understanding amongst team members and stakeholders
Who We're Looking For
- 6+ years of product management experience, managing software products from creation through launch and iteration
- Deep experience with user research best practices
- Strong data and financial analysis skills
- Experience with technically complex products and third party integrations
- A nuanced understanding of the methods of modern product discovery, product delivery, and user segmentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to align different teams around achieving business goals and outstanding user experiences
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $140,500 – $253,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.