Support Platform, Developer Relations Engineer
Squarespace is looking for a Developer Relations Engineer who will support developers with our API offerings. It's an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our developer platform. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding and supporting our business partnerships as they integrate our services. We're looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite and contributing to the team through a mix of coding, communication, partner developer support, consultations, and API documentation.
At Squarespace, our Support Platform team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our developer platform(s) and Customer Operations. We partner with a variety of teams—From Engineering to debug and patch issues to Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will support and engage with external developers and stakeholders who build with the Squarespace developer platform and consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report directly to the Support Platform Manager in Customer Operations and this can be a full-time remote position or based in our NYC headquarters.
You'll Get To…
- Advise business partners on integration best practices with Squarespace Platform(s)
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, and evaluating bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) inquiries and escalations through technical consultations, email, and persistent chats
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting and distilling developer feedback to validate and influence product and engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation on our Developer Portal
- Support our APIs, webhooks, OAuth product
- Future work may involve growing a developer community by answering questions on forums, creating blog posts and other driving developer-focused outreach initiatives
Who We're Looking For
- 2+ years of Development background (on-the-job experience preferred but open to development bootcamp grads)
- Experience with web development
- Experience working on issues needing understanding of APIs (REST, OAuth), microservices, and databases.
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $97,000 - $170,200 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.