ICANN Compliance Manager
Our Domains product team helps our customers establish a credible and professional online presence with a memorable web address. Whether a domain is connected to Squarespace services, parked, or pointed somewhere else, Squarespace Domains is the most advanced, easy-to-use registrar on the web. And we're growing the product into a more complete domain management experience every day.
As an ICANN Compliance Manager, you will help ensure strict adherence to ICANN policies and compliance standards within our domain registrar business, with additional expertise in GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) compliance. Your expertise in ICANN RRA, ICANN RAA, GDPR, DMCA, and abuse complaint management will help uphold our commitment to excellence in compliance across various regulatory frameworks.
You will report to the Domains Product leader who is currently performing this role and have the option of working remote (within the U.S.) or on-site (hybrid) at our NYC headquarters.
- Collaborate with ICANN and their representatives
- Monitor and interpret ICANN policies
- Engage with Registry partners
- Oversee GDPR and DMCA compliance
- Monitor and advise on abuse complaints
- Forge close partnerships with our product leadership and engineering teams to address compliance and legal challenges
- Collaborate with our legal team to oversee compliance efforts
- Build processes to the latest industry best practices
- Build relationships with other Registry and Registrar compliance managers
- Travel to all ICANN meetings and represent Squarespace
- 7+ years of relevant compliance experience
- A deep understanding of ICANN regulations, policies, and compliance standards
- Proven track record in implementing and managing compliance frameworks in the domain industry, including experience with ICANN RRA (Registrar Accreditation Agreement) and ICANN RAA (Registrar's Accreditation Agreement)
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $135,500 - $239,200 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.