Business Development Representative - Tock
As a Business Development Representative, you will create new business opportunities and work closely with our Account Executives to schedule meetings and product demonstrations through outbound prospecting. You will be fundamental to our Sales department and have an opportunity to learn what it takes to create a sales pipeline at Tock.
This is a full-time, hybrid role located in Chicago and you will work in office Tues - Thurs. You will report directly to the Sales Manager.
You'll Get To…
- Work with Account Executives to develop market strategies
- Prospect, qualify, create, and follow up on leads to set meetings and product demonstrations for Account Executives
- Create opportunities through cold calls, email, and social outreach through researching restaurant and following hospitality industry news to add new leads to pre-existing pipeline
- Provide accurate weekly/monthly pipeline and activity reports to management team using Salesforce and OutreachField in-bound leads with a large emphasis on outbound prospecting
- Cultivate a high level of company knowledge into the hospitality industry trends to help create strategies for business development
Who We're Looking For
- 1+ years of inside sales prospecting experience
- 1+ years of experience working in a metrics-driven position
- Demonstrated experience cold calling
- Eager to achieve and exceed monthly quotas
- Bachelor's Degree
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $55,000 - $65,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.