Team Lead Customer Support (Remote)
Note: Must be based in New South Wales, Australia*
Squarespace is looking for an engaging Team Lead to join our award-winning Customer Operations department. You will manage, mentor, and guide a team of Customer Support Advisors/Associates who are responsible for providing front-line customer advocacy. At Squarespace, we're dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience—from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses —to navigate our products so they can share their stories and create an impactful, stylish, and easy-to-manage online presence.
As a Customer Support Lead, you will oversee the team's daily responsibilities to ensure they have the tools and support to help exceed our Support goals. You will partner with peers and senior leadership to improve our support channels across email and live chat and help influence the broader department strategy—all the while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee development and success.
This is a full-time remote role based in Sydney, Australia. You will report into a Customer Operations Manager based in Portland, Oregon.
You’ll Get To…
- Create a positive team culture — manage your team's adherence to company policies, performance expectations, and support metrics
- Stay current on Squarespace product developments and policies, and communicate with your team to support them through frequent changes
- Keep the team informed about the department and our goals. Help contextualize new programs to increase engagement and support. Surface the team's feedback to promote agreement and collaboration with internal partners
- Write and provide team member feedback during bi-annual review cycles and deliver updates to compensation
- Foster a culture that values development. Encourage career development conversations in 1:1s, and find opportunities for your Advisors to work toward their career goals
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to coordinate training programs
- Help interview, hire, and onboard new Advisors
- Handle sensitive case escalations for the team, applying customer service skills to directly resolve complex cases and help frustrated customers
- Help with the support queues during peak chat and email hours as needed
Who We’re Looking For
- At least 2+ years experience directly managing customer support teams of 5+ individual contributors including experience with interviewing and hiring
- Experience working with performance targets (KPIs) and motivating team members to exceed goals in an inclusive team environment
- Background in written and verbal performance communications as well as providing feedback via regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Experience driving solutions for operational and people management challenges
- Driving team culture and unity on both their direct teams and the wider global Customer Operations team
- Experience with data analysis and project management
- Adaptivity to an ever-changing product suite
- Proven experience with change management
- Understanding and familiarity with Australian employment/labor laws
Benefits & Perks
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Flexible paid time off
- All statutory leaves, as required
- Equity plan for all employees
- Education reimbursements
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.