Senior Design Systems Engineer, Tock
The Tock Product team is looking for a Senior Design Systems Engineer! As Tock’s first dedicated Design Systems Engineer, you’ll join a passionate design team to evolve our design system, elevate our design standards, and build world class products our customers love.
This is a full-time position that reports to a Product Design Manager. You can work as a hybrid employee in our Chicago office or work remotely in another approved hiring location (U.S. only).
You'll Get To...
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and maintain a comprehensive design system
- Create and evolve design system components, including UI elements, patterns, style guides, and interaction guidelines
- Improve the design system based on user feedback, industry trends, and emerging technologies
- Develop and execute strategy of migrating high-priority legacy components to new components
- Work with designers to translate visual and interaction designs into functional prototypes
- Communicate design system updates and improvements to relevant partners across the organization
- Educate and train team members on design system usage and best practices
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience as a design systems engineer or front-end developer
- Prior experience with design systems engineering
- Strong knowledge of design principles, interaction design, design systems and design tools (e.g., Storybook, Figma, and Framer)
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and communication skills
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
- Curiosity to experiment with new design and technology trends and how can improve our product for our customers
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
Cash Compensation Range: $118,000 - $212,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.