The Tock Finance team is looking for an Accountant to join our team! You will play a key role in the transformation of our financial reporting processes to an automated stream-lined state.
You will make an impact by driving process improvement and system implementation efforts to streamline operations and improve the quality of the close process.
You will report to the Assistant Controller and is a full time hybrid role in Tock's Chicago office.
You'll Get To…
- Execute daily and monthly functions to support the accounting team in processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Record daily invoicing and payment processing activity in the GL
- Responsible for accurate month and year end close activities including but not limited expense and payroll accruals and account reconciliations
- Responsible for invoice entry and payment processing for Tock accounts payable
- Improve or add documentation of close procedures in compliance with applicable internal control guidance
- Assist in the accumulation of support for our annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Acquire detailed understanding of business processes and connecting them with financial results
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing processes and proposing enhancements
Who We're Looking For
- 1-3 years of hands on experience with accounting month-end close
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP system
- Experience in a SaaS environment a plus
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $65,000 – $116,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.l opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.