Software Engineering Manager - Web Performance
Squarespace is looking for a Platform Engineering Manager to lead our Web Performance team. You will lead a group of senior, tenured and expertise-laden engineers, raising the web UX bar, measuring the reach of Squarespace products, and allowing product engineering teams to build better experiences more quickly and positively.
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in frontend development, a passion for the craft and details of building great web experiences. You will work closely with the team's Technical Lead to contribute directly to strategy, planning, and project leadership for the team. Though we are within Engineering, Frontend Platform is truly multidisciplinary, with dedicated leads in Product, Design and Content Strategy.
The Web Performance team is a hybrid-work team with a mix of remote and office-based employees. You will work onsite at our NYC Headquarters and report to the Engineering Manager of Frontend Platform.
You'll Get To…
- Leverage industry knowledge and experience to lead an established group of engineers to new heights.
- Effectively partner with the group's Product Management and Design to develop strategy, roadmaps, and implementations
- Partner with and educate product and engineering leaders across the organization on the importance of all users getting a high-quality experience on Squarespace.
- Develop metrics, reporting and other narrative methods to communicate the impact of the team's work.
- Coach, mentor, and develop engineers inside and outside of the Web Performance Team.
Who We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience developing large-scale application software for the web
- 2-5 years of technical leadership experience, including managing a team with direct reports
- Communication and leadership capacity; ability to work with diverse company partners
- Proven track record of shipping change with and for stakeholders
- Fluency in modern web technologies and engineering workflows
- 3+ years of experience evaluating Performance, both in the browser and utilizing industry-standard tools like WebPageTest and Lighthouse
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $185,500 - $299,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.