Product Marketing Manager
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
ShipBob is hiring a Product Marketing Manager responsible for aligning our internal and external messaging across our core products and investment areas including our global and crossborder fulfillment suite, unboxing and customization solutions, and proprietary warehouse management software (WMS) for merchants. This person will work closely across the entire organization and be directly responsible for influencing improvements in new revenue, customer experience, go-to-market, and retention.
You must understand marketing, product, merchant experience, and sales alignment, while simultaneously working with our Operations leadership. We are looking for a hands-on do-er that wants to take our product positioning and messaging, product launch execution, and demand creation to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver revenue and improvements in conversion rates across core investment areas and new product launches.
- Run go-to-market strategies and support market requirements for core investment areas across multiple products, geographies, and user/persona experiences.
- Manage demand generation, go-to-market projects, and communications internally and externally to achieve agreed-upon success metrics and internal KPIs.
- Create and update campaign assets, including but not limited to landing pages, email, video, graphics, and ad copy.
- Research and investigate competition and own positioning for our product, partner, and operational capabilities.
- Conduct market & customer research to stay in touch with buyer needs, and create and maintain clear, differentiated messaging that resonates with our target audience.
- Utilize data like "win-loss" information to inform the marketing, sales and product process with an accessible repository of insights; this can include pricing and packaging.
- Be a trusted liaison that guides product offering and solution alignment for joint success with Marketing, Partnerships, Sales, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Leadership.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, specifically in ecommerce technology, logistics, or software. Direct experience marketing fulfillment or warehouse management software is preferred.
- Experience with hands-on integrated marketing programs, from which you can showcase a portfolio of GTM campaigns.
- Experience in content, digital marketing, email, and an understanding of how these push the business forward with sales and product.
- Established success in executing marketing strategies and the ability to clearly articulate quantifiable impacts that benefited the company and the partner.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and a track record for delivering clear and compelling customer-facing materials in the technology sector.
- Solid attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, and highly collaborative.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver on key milestones.
- Experience with Salesforce, along with other sales and marketing tools like marketing automation platforms and conversational analytics tools.
Reports to: Director, Product Marketing
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $85,043 - $141,738.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with thousands of e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver a best in class experience to their customers.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago backed by blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.