Global Solutions Manager
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Global Solutions Manager
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
The Global Solutions Manager will join ShipBob’s growing Merchant Success team and be responsible for the growth and success of key global expansion programs within ShipBob’s current customers and prospects. These expansion programs are Canada Fulfillment, Section 321 Fulfillment, and International Parcel (DDP). Your role is to take these programs to the next level by expanding their impact, working inside the ShipBob existing merchant base and managing a high performance with our Product, Operations, and Transportation teams.
The Global olutions Manager will partner with our Sales and Merchant Success teams to understand customers' unique strategic global needs and align key business objectives to offer business growing opportunities that expand ShipBob’s use and offerings. This role will consult with merchants about the complexities of entering new markets around the world. Additionally, this role will manage the high performance of these programs with counterparts across the ShipBob organization so that expanding globally has never been easier for an e-commerce business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the merchant experience for several global expansion programs, managing expansion and measuring success performance.
- Advance our Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), Canada expansion, and Cross-Border (Section 321) to the next level, resolving concerns and obstacles that hold back merchants from expanding in new markets.
- Support our Account Management and Sales teams with learning to leverage ShipBob global programs, working directly with merchants to build solutions that expand these initiatives and help ShipBob merchants.
- Influence change within our product and transportation teams for the evolution of these programs, making global expansion easier for rapidly growing merchants.
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You have experience and a solid understanding of Canada e-commerce, particularly expansion between Canada to US and vice-versa.
- You have experience and are knowledgeable of Section 321 Fulfillment programs.
- You are deeply familiar with the requirements and execution for shipping parcel DDP and freight cross-border.
- You have a background in client facing roles, hence you feel comfortable speaking and consulting with merchants.
- You have an understanding of launching ecommerce businesses in different countries and the requirements that need to be met to ensure success.
- You are willing to research, find answers and consult merchants in areas where you do not have all the answers up front based on your expertise.
- You like finding answers and if that requires multiple follow-ups from different teams/ external companies - you do it - as you are often known to be persistent.
- You like technology. You have worked in a technology startup/company before and have a level of understanding of how the product works under the hood.
- You are data-driven, refining go to market campaigns to continually improve your KPIs.
- You can execute through ambiguity and spearhead the development of new processes that improve results for the organization.
- Finally, you have a “Big Picture” mentality that allows you to understand the high-level strategy while still willing to get your hands dirty in the execution. You bring hunger and excitement to your team and the work you do together.
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Merchant Success
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $83,700 - $139,500.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.