As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Director, Finance / India Controller
Location: Remote (New Delhi, India)
Without the strength of the accounting team here at ShipBob, we wouldn’t be able to offer the industry-leading service we’re known for. We’re seeking an experienced controller to support exponential growth, creating solid foundations of timely accurate financial reporting and control environment and managing the team with a high-performing mindset.
What you’ll do:
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior leaders by evaluating, investigating and reporting appropriate data points.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines, ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements and US GAAP as applicable.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies and provide Business Financial Support to the India Team, including the areas of procurement.
- Manage and develop the India Statutory Accounting team with a positive and high-performing mentality.
- Be a solid collaborative partner with the US Controller, providing local mentorship and US GAAP support to the India Based Shared services team of AP and AR on agreed upon initiatives.
- Maintain internal safeguards for revenue receipts, costs, and team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- Establish (in coordination with Global Controller) financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Partner with Global Procurement, Tax and Legal to ensure business operations and local needs are being met.
- Ensure InterCompany and statutory to US GAAP recons are accurate.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Ten or more years of professional accounting experience.
- Deep understanding of Financial Statement preparation and analysis, banking processes and financial data analysis.
- Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting.
- Experience in managing payroll, with focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- Exemplary history of financial project management.
- Solid communication skills.
- Knowledge of both India GAAP and US GAAP.
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Professional certification, such as CPA (certified public accountant) or CA (chartered accountant) preferred.
- Work with rapid growth companies and track record of being able to create/transform accounting functions preferred.
Reports to: Global Controller
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Term & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.