Software Development Engineer III
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Software Development Engineer III - Full Stack
Location: India - Remote
As a Software Development Engineer III - Full Stack at ShipBob, you will be primarily responsible for the development of production level software in coordination with your team. You will work very closely with Product Owners and your Manager, Software Development.
What you’ll do:
- Become a go-to expert in one area of the codebase; understands the broad architecture of the entire system.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large. Research and propose new technologies.
- Scopes and stages work into well-defined milestones to avoid a monolithic deliverable.
- Regularly delivers software on-time and is constantly working to make accurate estimates and deliver on those estimates.
- Known for drama-free launches.
- Owns the technical testing and performance plan for their projects.
- Takes initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues.
- Sets direction at the project/service level and consistently influences decision-making at the Pillar level.
- Identifies and proactively tackles technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant up-front work to resolve.
- Makes others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring or serving as a Tech Lead on a project.
- Sits on the Architectural Review Board, provides feedback on projects outside of their core area.
- Understands the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product needs and leads to solutions that take all of these needs into account.
- Identifies and proposes strategies around technical problems affecting their team, communicates standards and gets buy-in on solutions.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 6+ years of experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Object oriented mindset.
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A hands on coding approach to engineering mentorship.
- Ability to own medium sized features from design to implementation.
- Ability to own service level system design.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Experience in the following:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Relational DB Concepts
- Relational DB Design
- Automating infrastructure
- Automating build process
Nice to have:
- A passion for QA and an understanding that testing is not someone else’s responsibility.
- A passion for DevOps and an appreciation for continuous integration/deployment.
- Ability to own cross service level system design.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with service-oriented (SOA) architectures.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Azure Functions.
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Term & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.