People Generalist - Fulfillment (2nd / 3rd Shift)
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations (2nd / 3rd Shifts)
Shift: M-F, 3:00 pm-11:30 pm, with overtime as needed
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
The People Generalist, Fulfillment Operations will serve as a direct extension of the Home Office HR team and ensure that programs are followed. They will develop, implement, and maintain human resources policies, procedures, and forms; support department managers and employees regarding personnel issues; and maintain personnel records in accordance with organizational and regulatory requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in recruiting events and coordinate onsite recruiting events, as well as, create presence in the community.
- Source, schedule, coordinate and conduct new employee interviews.
- Assist in defining, creating and maintaining a smooth onboarding process for new employees (approvals, new hire paperwork, E-Verify, H1B).
- Maintain a consistent offboarding process (approvals, paperwork)
- Track employee attendance and manage disciplinary write-ups.
- Cross check employee payroll and assist in open enrollment for benefits.
- Conduct compliance audits regularly.
- Serve as a liaison to resolve employee issues (through investigations, communication meetings and floor walks).
- Compile and measure performance management data on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to identify trends and research external data to help provide solutions.
- Administer periodic employee satisfaction surveys and compile results as scheduled by the company.
- Plan and coordinate (along with General Managers) an annual employee retention program.
- Prepare meeting decks and coordinate monthly Town Hall employee style meetings.
- Employee leave of absence management.
- Provide training and resources to the onsite Leadership team.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as necessary.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience; or SPHR/PHR, SHRM-CP Certified.
- Experience working in a manufacturing/fulfillment center in a similar role with some knowledge of employment law and HR practices, preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret data as well as the ability to make recommendations and take action utilizing that data.
- Must be able to manage highly confidential information.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly energized and open environment and work with all levels of management.
- Solid presentation and speaking skills to a wide range of group sizes.
- Must have stellar interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal direction.
- Ability to travel, required.
Reports to: Manager, People Operations
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $65,000 - $94,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.