Data Engineer III
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Data Engineer III
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
As a Data Engineer III at ShipBob, you will be working within a team handling all facets of the database environment, from assisting engineering teams in table design, to building databases, to working with our data warehouse and ETL. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, who can think on his/her feet, and produce results.
What you’ll do:
- Focus on growing as an data engineer in an Azure SQL environment
- Performing SQL programming and performance tuning
- Capable of taking well-defined sub-tasks and completing these tasks.
- Creating Power BI visualizations and paginated reports
- Modeling and implementing databases and warehouses
- Demonstrates they are a high energy individual.
- Effective in communicating status to the team.
- Exhibits ShipBobs's core values, focuses on understanding and living these values.
- Accepts feedback graciously and learns from everything they do
- Other duties/responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 6-9 Years of Experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent SQL skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance oriented mindset
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in the following:
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Data Modeling
- Azure SQL Administration, including Security
- Azure Data Factory
- Nice to have:
- Power BI
- Ability to own small well scoped projects and implement them
- Experience in Azure Synapse and Cosmos
- A passion for databases and an understanding that solutions you implement will affect our entire suite of applications
- Experience with big data
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure Functions
- Mongo Atlas experience
Reports to: Manager, Database Administration
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary, Performance Bonus & Equity
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $116,645 - $194,408.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.