Senior Pricing Analyst - Merchant Pricing
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Senior Pricing Analyst - Merchant Pricing
Location: Remote - India
As a Senior Pricing Analyst - Merchant Pricing, you’ll be responsible for ensuring we competitively price specific products to different customer segments. You will conduct detailed data analysis and competitive research to learn the ideal target price for the different services of the business. You will work cross functionally to ensure the entire ShipBob team can easily explain how our pricing works and why it is advantageous to our merchants. You will work directly with senior managers responding to complex pricing questions that require detailed analytics.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct analysis to support pricing initiatives, adding rigor to existing methodologies and developing key metrics and analytics to support pricing strategy and tactics
- Create predictive tools to understand the margin profile of a customer before they start working with ShipBob
- Perform competitor research on similar products and services in specific geographies and identify opportunities for pricing improvements
- Review historical data to identify trends and insights that focus on ways to improve performance by creating actionable reports and techniques to avoid pitfalls
- Respond to requests for pricing reviews from internal and external stakeholders and deliver clear, accurate and timely explanations
- Document processes and be resourceful to collate data and information from multiple sources within the organization
- Perform/handle ad hoc research and data requests
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Similar required
- Minimum 3 years of solid professional experience in core data analytics
- Experience in ambiguous work environments with tight deadlines
- A desire to make an impact and take ownership
- Ability to think critically and ask questions
- Quick learner who wants to absorb new knowledge and information
- Creative problem solver, ability to handle multiple projects, and solid work ethic
- Have a passion for results and love getting into the details. Able to thrive in a dynamic startup environment and can navigate the ambiguities that come with it
- Expert communicator: you can have complex conversations orally and in writing with key stakeholders, ranging from fulfillment partner owners to operations associates
- Supply chain experience and e-commerce data experience are a plus
Reports to: Sr Manager, Strategic Pricing
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.