Business Development Representative
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Business Development Representative
Location: Remote in these states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, KY, IA, ID, IL, IN, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI
Our Business Development Representatives develop logistical solutions for small to medium size businesses using the full suite of ShipBob's services. A BDR's primary responsibility is to evaluate each merchant's unique business needs and collaborate with ShipBob's Account Executives to close deals with merchants that have not previously worked with us. Our representatives achieve quota by meeting expected metrics for outbound touches and demos set for their respective Account Executives.
What you’ll do:
- Guide new business by identifying, researching, and qualifying new opportunities weekly.
- Prospect a prospect pipeline via high volume of outbound cold calls, emails and social selling.
- Identify client needs through assessing their current fulfillment methods and use discretionary judgment to determine if they are a fit for our business model.
- Make recommendations to management from merchants who do not “fit the box”.
- Schedule demos with potential merchants and Account Executives.
- Achieving daily activity requirements through outbound merchant contact and accurately tracking merchant interactions and information in the designated tracking system.
- Report to designated manager/team lead to strategize more effective prospecting methods.
- Consistently exceed monthly and annual quota.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a sales environment, preferred but will train the right person with less experience.
- Experience selling over the phone and smart calling various types of businesses or merchants.
- Demonstrate a high degree of diligence and accountability.
- Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition.
- Relentless persistence in the face of daily rejection and delays from potential merchants.
- An aptitude for research and understanding data.
Classification: Salaried/ Non- Exempt
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Sick Leave and Paid Emergency Leave
- Floating Holidays (2 days/year)
- Wellness Days (1 day/quarter)
- 401K Match
- Competitive Salary and Performance Bonus
- Variety of voluntary benefits, such as, short term disability
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>> Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
ShipBob believes in transparency while providing a competitive total compensation package with a pay for performance approach. The expected base pay range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.