Sr. Analytics Engineer
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
Provi is looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer that will provide leadership in building the business-facing side of our data warehouse. If you are excited about transforming raw data into clean, easy-to-use tables that are ready for analysis, this is the role for you. You will be part of Provi’s Analytics team and empowered to make key decisions in how our data warehouse is architected.
What this role will do:
- Be a strategic partner for Product and Business teams: identify critical analytical problems and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to find innovative solutions with data
- Drive the direction of your work, developing solutions that span from scrappy code and prototype tools to high-visibility dashboards and analyses for stakeholder teams
- Spearhead the creation of new metrics that impact decision-making
- Collaborate with Data Analysts & Data Engineers to source data from new systems and strengthen our foundational data tables and models
- Be a steward for our data by developing data documentation and ensuring data quality
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics engineering or data engineering role
- A strong communicator who can develop and deepen strong relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have experience partnering closely with executive leadership, with a proven track record of influencing strategic decisions through data.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process. You connect the dots across business needs and independently drive projects forward
- A senior analytics professional with extensive experience across data wrangling, analysis, reporting, and visualization
- An expert in a data-oriented programming language (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Scala, etc.), data transformation tools (e.g. DBT) and intuitive dashboard/visualization design (e.g. Tableau)
- Proficient in ETL and data warehousing best practices and core statistics concepts (e.g. hypothesis testing)
- Expertise with Snowflake Data Cloud
- Skilled with using and transforming semi-structured data types such as JSON and XML
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field or equivalent experience
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Provi
Something looks off?