Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A
IT, Accounting & Finance
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in the financial planning and forecasting for Provi’s operations. This role will interact with department heads, particularly through the budget and estimate cycles. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will participate in/coordinate ad hoc projects as requested. This role reports to the Senior Director of FP&A and sits within the FP&A group function.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of budgets, estimates and long-range plan
- Assist in the month end closing process including journal entries, pacing, variance analysis reporting
- This is a high-profile role with regular interaction with Executive level business leaders; this role will act as day-to-day liaison and partner to department heads and their teams
- Assist in the preparation of financial result reviews for senior leaders
- Create management reports and presentations on a routine and ad hoc basis
- Assist in identifying opportunities to implement process change and to create value-added financial analysis for assigned divisions
- Assist in preparing regular operating reviews which are presented to Controllership
- Participate in other ad hoc projects
What we hope to see in your experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or AccountingMinimum of 3 years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, strategic planning, or similar (ideally with some time spent in management consulting or investment banking)
- Austin-based preferred
- Proven track record of advanced analytical skills; must be able to define and execute key analyses with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience creating and implementing process and standardizing financial reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; NetSuite experience preferred
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Delivery focused while managing multiple priorities; effective time management skills
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. But guess what? No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. Trust your experience and apply!
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at Provi
Something looks off?