General Manager- Chicago
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Job Title: General Manager - Service and Sales Branch Office (Flash) – Chicago Branch
Position Overview: Our General Managers will lead our Service and Sales Branch offices across
the US and Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing branch operations, sales
performance, customer satisfaction, and team management in the parking and mobility
technology sector. Your focus will include managing SaaS (Software as a Service), recurring
revenue sales and reoccurring revenue streams, account management, and developing local
sales strategies. The GM will have a strong business acumen, embody servant leadership skill
and have a customer-centric mindset.
On Target Earnings (Base Salary + Variable Incentive) = $200,000 - $250,000
- Provide leadership to a team of sales representatives, parking technology project management experts, and technical support staff.
- Foster a collaborative work environment that promotes teamwork, transparency, and accountability.
- Act as a servant leader with a focus on developing a high performing team.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve financial goals and profitability targets for the branch.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
- Create and manage annual budgets, ensuring cost-effective operations.
Sales and Business Development:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and expand market share in the parking and mobility technology sector, with an emphasis on recurring revenue and (SaaS/HaaS) as well as reoccurring revenue through transactional revenue streams.
- Identify growth opportunities, including new mobility technology offerings or market segments.
- Monitor sales performance and analyze data to adjust strategies.
- Implement mobility technology solutions to enhance customer end user experience and contribute to efficient urban mobility, focusing on recurring & reoccurring revenue models.
Re-occurring Revenue Sales and Account Management:
- Develop and execute strategies for securing reoccurring revenue streams through ongoing account management and customer retention.
- Work closely with the sales team to identify upselling and cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts.
- Ensure Customer Success best practices such as business reviews and opportunity identification are performed with key clients in the city on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships, ensuring long-term revenue growth.
Local Sales Strategies:
- Develop and implement local sales strategies tailored to the unique needs and opportunities of the Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and engage with local prospects and clients to drive sales growth within the region.
Compliance and Operational Efficiency:
- Ensure branch operations comply with company policies, local business licensing and regulations, parking and mobility regulations, and safety standards.
- Continuously assess and improve operational efficiency, identifying areas for cost reduction and process enhancement, particularly in the context of project management and service operations.
- Ensure compliance with local parking and mobility project regulations and safety standards.
Reporting and Communication:
- Provide regular reports to senior management on branch performance, challenges, and opportunities.
- Foster open and effective communication within the branch and across all departments.
Branch Finance & Profitability:
- Provide oversight and management of the Branch’s profitable financial performance to include but not limited to: Retention and control of project installation cost, profitability minimums, Branch spending control, Service Dispatching and its associated invoicing and payments via FLASH Accounting “shared services”, and Product pricing minimums and preferable thresholds
Local Service Management:
- Management of timely, communicative, thorough and overall customer satisfying Service for all products, both directly and indirectly
- Management of team’s “Service Recommendations” to ensure proactive customer service
- Provide Branch profitable “Service & Maintenance” plans and recommendations for existing and prospective customers
- Includes Branch management of local spare parts supplies, inventories, and best practice procurements within FLASH policies
- Identify and promote high margin Service activities and opportunities
- Identify and curtail low or no margin Service activities and opportunities that do not benefit the Branch or its customer base
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.