Field Service Technician
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, February 3, 2023
As a Field Service Technician, you will be part of a team of technicians who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 800 locations in New York City. You will respond to user calls, trouble reports and personally visit locations to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary action to resolve it. You have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. We are looking for candidates who are motivated and excited at the possibility of building a career at FLASH. Training will be provided on FLASH products.
What You Will Do:
- Possible schedule: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm / 10:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Work at least five (5) days a week based on a fluctuating schedule which will require occasional (on-rotation) work on weekends and holidays.
- Answer in-office support calls and emails, as assigned by Field Services Manager
- Travel to client sites in New York City to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues
- Support standard Personal Computer (PC) operating systems (e.g. Windows and MacOS), Point of Sale (POS) equipment, Automated Vehicle Recognition (AVR) equipment, printers, tablets and mobile phones
- Efficiently multitask, stay calm under pressure and adapt to any changes or client emergencies
- Work both independently and within a team to provide a high level of customer service
What You Have:
- Associates Degree or higher education preferred
- 2+ years' experience with the ability to analyze and resolve basic computer problems (replacing faulty hardware i.e. motherboard, power supplies etc., troubleshooting connectivity issues, documenting and communicating technical guidance and instructions to users). Maintaining local area networks (LAN)
- Knowledge of standard office computing equipment (e.g. PCs, laptops, tablets and phones)
- Knowledge of remote software experience (e.g. LogMeIn system), a plus
- Comfortable working with basic hand tools.(e.g. screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters)
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, MS Office, 365 is required
- Experience in networking/switching hardware, routing experience (e.g. A+, Network+ certification), a plus
- Knowledge of Internet Protocol (e.g. IP address, subnet, gateway)
- Experience in providing unsupervised field support
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to read and speak Spanish is a plus
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle is required
- Have and maintain a clean and valid motor vehicle record and driver’s license
- Have a positive and patient customer service attitude
Who You Are:
You're organized, motivated, and detail oriented, and known for your sound judgment. Solving problems creatively and providing the highest level of customer service are natural talents. You’re a team player who is willing to do what is needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.