Senior Vice President, Engineering
Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring energy, smarts, and experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve problems that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing a critical market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting revenue and moving the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
Amperity is at the forefront of the technology revolution, providing innovative customer data solutions for our clients. Our SVP, Engineering will embody the spirit of innovation, clarity, and motivation. An inspiring leader, an adept decision-maker, and an individual who sees beyond the expected to drive our engineering division forward.
- Engineering Operations: Define and drive excellence in engineering operations. Own the end-to-end process for delivering quality engineering work, from planning through release. Define, track, and evolve key performance metrics for all aspects of engineering, from initial quality to operational excellence and beyond.
- Metrics & Standards: Work with other senior leaders to evolve our metrics standards and engineering processes. Build effective and transparent systems and processes to make metrics observable and actionable to all stakeholders.
- Internal and External Communication. Act as the voice and advocate for engineering internally, and amplify the value of engineering investments externally. This may include speaking at conferences, driving marketing / PR initiatives, and/or driving content creation on engineering blogs and external publications.
- Technical & Market Roadmap: Interface closely with product management and product marketing as engineering's advocate in shaping product direction.
- Talent Acquisition and Recruiting. Build an efficient machine to attract and win engineers. Cultivate and build leveraged programs for engineering marketing. Grow Amperity's recruiting brand and use it to improve win rates and grow diverse representation.
- People Operations. Drive a strong engineering culture, and build scalable systems to help people perform at their very best in an inclusive, safe environment. With a focus on career growth tracks, leveling, training, and onboarding materials.
- Helpful & Motivating: Lead the engineering team in designing and implementing innovative solutions. Provide guidance and mentorship, ensuring growth and value.
- Clear: Articulate complex technical strategies in a concise manner. Ensure all projects and directives are communicated with brevity and precision. Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Innovative: Advocate and implement forward-thinking technology solutions. Stay ahead of industry trends and consistently push the boundaries of what is possible. A propensity for innovative thinking and risk-taking, backed by insights. Curiosity and pattern matching are at your core.
- Motivating: Inspire the engineering team to consistently deliver excellence. Champion a culture of innovation, growth, and bold decision-making. Ability to motivate, inspire, and lead a diverse engineering team.
- Zing: Encourage a lively workplace that drives creativity and collaboration.
- Experience: A proven track record of leading large-scale software engineering projects with 10+ years of software engineering experience. At least 5 years in leadership roles, including B2B SaaS experience. Strong ability to dissect complex problems and deliver clear strategies. Experience leading and growing engineering teams at scale, especially in phases of high growth (2x YoY). Exceptional systems-level understanding and significant experience with at-scale technology architecture patterns.
- Technical: Familiarity with CDP technology or related platforms. Significant experience with software as a service and unified engineering. Working knowledge of machine learning and data science, with an understanding of and appreciation for its strengths and limitations.
- Adaptable: Strong desire to work in a dynamic environment where frequent change and improvement are essential to success.
- Customer Outcome Driven: Strong customer focus, with demonstrated success in delivering a product that delights customers.
- Location: Prefer candidate local to the greater Seattle area or willing to relocate.
- Negotiator: Business development skills, partner negotiation skills. (bonus)
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence. For more details on our benefits, please see our US Benefits & Perks Guide.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.