Associate Director of Marketing & Growth
We are looking to add an Associate Director of Marketing to lead the growth of Squarespace’s social products - Unfold and Bio Sites. You’ll introduce mobile-first tools for creators to new customers while improving retention, activation, and revenue expansion. We’re looking for someone with tried and true experience building sustainable, scalable growth engines to bring more creators to the Squarespace ecosystem.
You will report to Squarespace’s Chief Marketing Officer and work from our New York City office (hybrid).
You'll Get To...
- Drive marketing innovation for creator and social products, collaborating with the senior leadership to develop growth strategies across Product and Marketing teams.
- Develop and communicate a compelling product positioning that resonates with professional creators, ensuring alignment between product features and user needs.
- Elevate brand visibility through marketing communications and branding initiatives.
- Work with Analytics, Design, and UX Research teams to create personalized customer experiences and lifecycle marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Product to maximize the impact of product launches and customer-focused campaigns.
- Drive customer acquisition across existing paid, organic and viral channels, including SEM, SEO and influencers.
- Collaborate with Squarespace's media team to measure and optimize campaign effectiveness, working in a shared service model of support.
- Design experiments to grow and improve conversion across our website, landing pages, and social channels.
- Test and scale new channels to diversify user growth.
- Oversee our funnel metrics and collaborate with our analytics and finance teams to evaluate success based on CAC, LTV and ROAS.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging technologies to keep our marketing strategies competitive.
Who We're Looking For
- 10-15 years growth marketing experience in DTC and/or startup environments.
- Experienced team manager with a track record of attracting, retaining and developing talent.
- Experience in mobile app growth is preferred.
- Experience marketing software products for creators, internet entrepreneurs, and digitally native small businesses is preferred.
- Deep understanding of organic, paid and viral user funnels, with experience owning programs that directly drive acquisition.
- Previous experience overseeing marketing budgets, allocating resources to high-impact channels and campaigns.
- Proficient in organic and paid growth strategies and execution, including Ads, Search Engine Optimization, App Store Optimization, Viral Growth, etc.
- Proficient in the tools of the trade (Amplitude, Looker, Google Analytics, AppFigures, Braze, Upfluence, CreatorIQ, etc).
- Familiarity with performance marketing metrics (CPM, CPI, CPA, CPC & LTV) and adept at using data for campaign optimization.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $178,500 - $287,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.