Senior Product Designer
Amperity is more than just the leading customer data platform — THE PEOPLE bring energy, smarts, and experience from all different backgrounds, reflecting our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. THE TECHNOLOGY is multi-patented, AI-powered customer data management software that we invented to help solve problems that have been frustrating consumer brands for years. THE OPPORTUNITY is to hitch your career to a rocket ship. We're addressing a critical market need: helping hundreds of leading brands make sense of massive amounts of transactional and engagement data so that they can understand their customers and provide experiences that delight while boosting revenue and moving the business metrics that matter. Come help us make it happen!
At Amperity, we take pride in driving to be the number one Customer Data Platform. We aim to make it easy for Amperity clients to absorb data and explore insights to lead the understanding of their most valuable customers in a new and informative way. The product design team partners with product managers and developers at Amperity to ensure the design of a user experience that is simple and easy to use. You will report to the Director of Product Design. The role is open to Seattle-based or NYC-based designers. You will:
- Make it easy for Amperity clients to absorb data and explore insights to lead understanding of their most valuable customers in a new and informative way developing an understanding of our users and their goals, with a focus on advanced analytics users.
- Take on projects that solve our toughest problems that have complexity and understand our client's tech stack (APIs, extensions, app) identifying how upstream changes can have downstream impacts for products that play with other products.
- Be the lead designer on projects, helping PMs balance long-term strategy and short-term tactics to land on the right design for our users right now.
- Partner with product and engineer leaders to make decisions about what will get built as the Amperity platform sets up to grow.
- Output beautiful and easy-to-use UI (simplifying the complex) in visual design, layout, type, and color.
- Work as a trusted member of the product design team. Contribute with feedback on other designers' projects, and give coaching. You will be part of a small but mighty design team and each of our designs will be stronger through each other's input.
- Partner with the Director of Product Design to establish best practices and be empowered to lead in setting the bar for what "great" design craft is.
- You have 7+ years of experience designing for web-based products/apps from concept to launch, with a portfolio of beautiful and easy-to-use UI that resolve complex IA and flows (apps/websites that work with data at scale).
- You have user empathy. You see yourself as a user advocate and want to understand your users' needs. You're enthusiastic for data on user behavior and love talking to users, hearing their feedback, and adjusting your approach.
- You have experience collaborating across the team to seek others' ideas, added context, and feedback to refine product design.
- Your designs are well-reasoned (backed by data and user insights) and you reason the rationale behind your designs and the details of how interactions should work to product managers and developers.
- You work towards consistency. Familiarity with the best tools to implement your work (ie: Figma) and a desire to keep adding to your toolset.
- Experience coaching other designers, and be excited to foster a design team culture that embraces psychological safety.
- You embrace ambiguous projects and turn them into intuitive user experiences.
- Experience with data visualization, and storytelling with data.
- Familiarity and interest in SQL, Tableau, and BI tools.
- A background in SaaS, CDP, and web-based marketing tools.
- Portfolio of projects that resolve complex IA and flows across a whole app (B2B, SaaS)
- Contributions to the broader design community (mentoring, articles, presentations)
- Experience working with engineering teams and related tools (e.g., git, docker).
Base Salary: 144,000 - 216,000 This range reflects the good-faith hiring base salary range for this position. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications such as skills, experience, and education/training.
Stock Options: The opportunity for ownership is an exciting part of Amperity's total compensation package. Every employee at Amperity receives a new-hire equity grant, commensurate with the scope of their position.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a great place to work: 100% employee healthcare coverage, transportation subsidies, a comfortable work environment with plenty of snacks, and other employee experience perks like events and activities, both in-person and remote. We also offer self-managed PTO and the flexibility to do your best work in the way that works for you. We provide an inclusive environment where you'll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence. For more details on our benefits, please see our US Benefits & Perks Guide.
Amperity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and reproductive health choices), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as someone with a disability, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Something looks off?